Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bitten By the Love Bug Blog Hop......

Welcome to Sherri's Crafty Place and the Bitten By The LOVE BUG Blog Hop!

If you've come from visiting Jamie at jmecreations , you're in the right place! If you've just happened across my blog and would like to play along with our fun hop, you can go to Inking It Up Crazy and start at the beginning. We would love to share a few projects and ideas with a Valentine theme with you!

Make sure to check out each member's blog. There will be some fun prizes along the way, AND there will be some AWESOME ideas!

I would first like to THANK the FABULOUS Kassidy from Inking It Up Crazy for hosting this Great Blog Hop, I am so honored to be with all these talented ladies..
for my Project I decided to make a Wall Hanging
this is going to be a little picture heavy, sorry....
I used a set of 8 chipboard coasters I picked up at Michaels for .50 cents I think.. I only needed to use 4,  then I covered both sides with cardstock using my ATG.

I inked the edges......
                           then using my BIA, I binded the edges together using 5/8 in binding rings

                                                 
                  using my Crop-a-Dile I  punched holes in the top coaster and wrapped in wire
       using my Xyron 250 Sticker Maker, I put my letters  in it backwards, so the sticky was on the fromt

                                                after I Glittered and put my Letters on the coaster,
                                I used Glossy Accents to seal in the Glitter, and give it a glossy look

Here is the final picture of my wall hanging, I am soooo happy with how it turned out....

Some of the Cricut Carts I used are:
Create A Critter, Indie Art,
Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake Art
and Paper Pups,
I also used my Bind-It-All, Crop-a-Dile Big Bite,
Xyron 250 Sticker Maker, and an ATG gun.
Red Stickles, Red Glitter, Glossey Accents, and pop dots.

If you have any questions, please leave them in the Comments, I read everyone of them....

and if you have stuck around this long, you definatly deserve some Blog Candy...LOL
please leave a comment for a chance to win some blog candy, unfortunatly what I had planned on giving away hasn't arrived yet, but it is definatly worth leaving a comment and a way for me to reach you, you will have until 9 AM  Monday January 31,2011 to comment. I will draw a winner Monday afternoon.

Next stop..is Erika's blog, at  Cricut Love. Go see what she has in store for you today...

Just in case you get lost along your way here is a list to help you out...



Jessie- http://www.scrappyjess.blogspot.com/

Denise- http://www.blogger.com/goog_1966282779

Jamie- http://www.jmecreations.blogspot.com/

Sherri- http://www.sherrisspace.blogspot.com/ (you are here)

Erika- http://www.cricutlove1.blogspot.com/ ( your next stop)

Celeste- http://www.ccscards.blogspot.com/

Kacee- http://www.blogger.com/goog_1966282791

Lisa- http://lisa-craft-blog.blogspot.com/

Amanda- http://www.myscrappinobsession.com/

Rebecca- http://www.creationswithbecka.blogspot.com/

Michelle- http://www.mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com/

Jenny- http://www.crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com/



121 comments:

Tami B. said...

What an adorable idea! Your project turned out really cute. Thanks for the idea of using the coasters.

Glenda said...

Great idea! Such a cute wall hanging! Thanks for sharing!
Glenda
http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

Tanya said...

Soo cute!!! Great idea using the BIA!!!


Hugs, Tanya
freddylswillima@windstream.net

Patti Ross said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!
Love this idea!

Patti Ross
rossfam@wildblue.net
www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com

missleyden said...

That is such a cute project..love it!

Josie0602 said...

Adorable Valentine decoration for the home!!

jtg0398 at sbcglobal dot net

mum of two said...

This is such a gorgeous creation!! I love the idea, and may just have to steal it - all the glitter is fabulous. I am so excited to be in this hop with you :) TFS

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Charlotte said...

Love the wall hanging! What a great idea.

The Country Life said...

What a great idea!! Btw, I love your blog. Especially the Gypsy files you share!! Thnx!!:) (yost531@msn.com)

Unknown said...

I love this hanging could use it as mini album too. TFS
Debbie
http://craftywizard.blogspot.com
debbie_craine at hotmail dot com

LesleyfromWI said...

What a cute idea. I love it and the design.
lfuchs1 at wi. rr. com

Pamela Lash said...

Such a clever idea and you used your resources very wisely to produce a wonderful project. TFS!
Mama LoveBug from LoveBug Creations
pam_lash at yahoo dot com

Karen said...

Such a great idea. I love your blog and glad I am a follower. TFS

kwillis_15@yahoo.com

Meagan said...

Great job, Sherri! I love the glossy accents on top of the glitter (2 of my favorite things!!) I'm now a follower!

beyondpaperdesigns.blogspot.com

SweetestJess85 said...

Very cute wall decoration. Thanks for the post and opportunity to enter for blog candy.

brittmartin0910 said...

This idea is so cute. Thank you for sharing.


brittmartin1288@yahoo.com

Linda said...

Beautiful and a Great idea. I love it. tfs

http://ikolinda-scrappinmomma.blogspot.com

country grammie said...

that's a great idea! can be used in many different ways!

dfhenson@q.com

Unknown said...

Love this project! Adorable!!!! Glad we are on this hop together!

Dana said...

Lovely wall hanging! The little critters are adorable!

dmcarlisle09atgmaildotcom

Scrappymama Elaine said...

love this idea! I must try it!! tfs!
esigmon at cox dot net

Bevy48 said...

Super cute love every thing about it, TFS!! I am a follower of your blog. blanphear @ yahoo dot com

Vicki said...

Love your wall hanging. You are so clever. Thanks for sharing. I am a follower.

vwilson577 at yahoo.com

DIANA L. said...

As of this post I am your newest follower-- Very cute idea thanks for sharing
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Trisha said...

This wall hanging is super cute. Thanks for sharing. I am a follower. Great work!! patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

ScrappyHeartz said...

very cute!! I just gota BIA for Christmas and LOVE it!!!
Thanks for sharing and for the chance to win!!

HeartAMZ1@aol.com
Debbie Chapman

Anonymous said...

I love this door hanger. It looks just so beautiful! TFS this wonderful project, I am now your newest follower!

becky.mayhewlear AT gmail DOT com

Elisha said...

What a cute idea!!

elishacarter at msn dot com

Scrappin_3rdeeschik said...

will definitely be scraplifting this idea. Love it. TFS

HUGS
Meighen

Chrisd said...

What a cute project and I will be trying it out...plus more tools to go on my wish list from your project.

Brenna said...

That is a great idea! I love how the binding makes it look! Beautiful!
Brenna
rbanderson@live.ca

Anita said...

Oh, this is sooo cute.I love Valentine's Day and this will be darling.
TFS
Anita

Lillian Child said...

What a fabulous project and do so appreciate the tutorial, as I am a visual kinda gal.

And I just found your blog on this hop - love finding new friends and talent in this craft! I am now a follower - so nice to meet you!

http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

silvia said...

Cute decoration!! LOVE the lips and the bee :)

Happymom2010 said...

HI Dear, I love your project, Pink is MY color. Thanks for sharing!
I have been thinking of getting a bin it all for a while. My question for you.. How do you like yours? Do you use it often? Thanks for your time and dedication!
Plus I'm now a new follower ;0)

Gina L
happymom2010learning at gmail dot com

Dawn, RI said...

What a cute wall hanging... Dawn RI
abosoffit@hotmail.com

ibecircled.blogspot.com said...

Very cute and sweet Project!! Love your door hanging Idea!! Thanks Kassididy for doing this fun Hop!!

http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
Rexann

Stephanie said...

I totally L-O-V-E this project, how super cute! I am thinking I need a crop o dile too!

Sandee McIntyre said...

Very Cute. Love the wall hanging! Thanks for sharing!

Lovebug Creations said...

OMG! I love this! Super cute! I've never thought of using the BIA for something like this! Now I can't wait to try! TFS!

Kimi
kmbrlysue22 at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

Hi I am already a follower and I just love your project. I sure hope I get to win some of that blog candy I love that little cuddlebug machine. TFS and have a great day.
designsfrommyheart@ymail.com
http://deesdesignsfrommyheart.blogspot.com

SpantastiKreations said...

LOVE this hanging. I love to seasonal decorations.

TFS,
Erin
spantastikreations@yahoo.com
http://www.spantastikreations.blogspot.com/

Laura K said...

That would be so cute for my daughters room! I don't have a BIA so I think I will just punch holes in each corner and link them with large jewelry jump rings. Thank you for sharing it with us and for all your hard work.
lklebs1 at yahoo dot com

Jenny said...

Love your wall hanging...can't wait to make one :)

Thanks!
Jenny

jennykingham at att dot net

nanapuddin said...

What a cute idea!! I'm now a follower! TFS!

joynwoe said...

I love the simplicity of your door hanging... *thumbs up*

Jie Ying
jieying90@hotmail.com
http://uniquely-crafts.tumblr.com

My Lil' Bits said...

Love the hanging, very nice. Thanks for sharing!

Elaine said...

love your idea , the hanger is great and I am glad to see someelse using the sticker maker..I use mine all the time,Thank you for sharing and I really like the hunny bee card below this blog
scrapperelaine@live.com

scrapperbecka said...

WOW I love your project, what a great idea. It turned out awesome! TFS

MeMe said...

Your wall art is great!! Thanks for sharing.
Pat
plweir@satx.rr.com

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

awesome door hanging! thanks for the tutorial!

Jennie Garcia said...

So cute!! I love it!! I admire people that deal with loose glitter I am afraid of it :) TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Maureen Reiss said...

This is sooooo super cute!! Just got my Zutter in the mail yesterday, this would be a great first project!! TFS
reissfam10 at aol dot com

Tracy Snyder said...

Omg what a great project. Very Cute!!!

Minta's Creations said...

Love the door hanger...very very pretty..wish I had a binding machine!
I'm already a follower..
Thanks for the inspiration and for the chance to win some of your awesome blog candy...
Minta
mintab@gmail.com
http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

D said...

Absolutely gorgeous girl!!! Thanks for tip with the Glossy Accents!

Adrian said...

Love your sign ! very cute!


adrianwallen at msn dot com

Anne said...

What a creative way to make a banner! I just love this idea and your design is just adorable! I have never visited your blog before today but I'm following now and will be back to check it out more thoroughly when I have more time. Thanks for sharing this fantastic design and for a chance to win some awesome goodies!

Anne
lucyblueeyz at yahoo dot com
Trinkets-n-Treasures.Artfire.com

Anita said...

Love it!! Not to mention the glitz!! Thanks for the chance to win some blog candy! Anita

Scrappy Jackie said...

cute... hanging banner. I need to make something crafty soon! Thanks for sharing and inspiring. Thanks for being part of this hop! pjritsema at gmail dot com

Nicole said...

This is too CUTE!! I've wanted a bind-it-all for some time now and this just reinforced the "need" for one! Thanks so much for the inspiration, I'm going to go dig out those coassters I bought way back when and finally use them!

dobie mom of 3 said...

Just became a follower. I am so glad I did, too. I love this idea! TFS and for a chance to win.

Brandy
dobiemom09 at gmail dot com

Kassidy said...

Sherri!
You freaking Rock! I love your projects:) Thanks so munch For helping with the blog hop:) You're the best.
Love- Kassidy

Scrappers' Ranch said...

Hey Sherri
This is too adorable! and it looks so easy to make!
I am already a follower of your blog
TFS and a chance to win
Bonnie C
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
ascrapabove(at)aol(dot)com

Scrappin' Sista said...

This is so adorable and unique. I love it. TFS and the chance to win.

Christel (Scrappin' Sista)
http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com
askscrappinsista (at) hotmail (dot) com

pigs cricut said...

love the wall hanging
pigs20052002@yahoo.com

Kimmers said...

I love your wall hanging...very cute!
TFS

kimsheppard6 at hotmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Great project Really cute! Im a new follower~kacee
youhadmeatscrap.blogspot.com

Tina said...

What a very cool idea!! Love this! Thanks for sharing!!
tinakatz1@yahoo.com

Peg said...

This idea can be used for so many occasions! TFS!

Theresa said...

Super cute and super creative. Thanks so much for sharing!
firelass51@aol.com

Totally Twisted Cards said...

What an awesome idea! I love your door hange. I'm a new follower. TFS and the blog hop.

stacy at mycraftingtime dot com
www.mycraftingtime.com

Amanda said...

Super cute idea! TFS!

amandawoodau at hotmail dot com

Kimmie said...

Such a cute idea! I love the little love bug from CC! I used it for my daughter's treat bags!


Kimmie


kakrnach at yahoo dot com

Janis Lewis said...

What an interesting way to make a banner! I've never seen it done that way. Very cool. And I loved the cuts and glitter you added on it. :) Janis :) northrose@slowar.com

the cricutologist said...

So sweet! Love the lips! I'm your newest follower!

Imogene said...

am a new follower..
I love the wall hanging it's really cute!!!
imogenelynn@wmconnect.com
sweetlilcricut.blogspot.com

EileenP said...

Nice! I've got to get my hands on the Bind-it-all...thanks!

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

This is WAAAYYY WAAAYYY CUTE!!!! I LOVE this idea!!! Have been wanting a bind-it-all for a long time, it's great to see it used in another way!
Thanks for a chance to win your blog candy, I'm sure it will be yummy!

wendydot roos2boys atgmaildomcom

Coffee said...

Such a cute, unique idea for a valentine, LOVE

FMonty said...

SUPER CUTE idea!!! Thanks for sharing!

Noneya said...

CUTE!!
Laura
lkmsheppard (at) gmail (dot) com

Anna said...

Such an adorable project. Love it.
Great details.
I'm a new follower.
Thanks for the chance to win.
annadowdy at gmail dot com

Sheel2fryman said...

Love it..

sheel2gregory@yahoo.com

Kerry T said...

I love your wall hanging. My daughter picked up some of those coasters. We will have to make one of these. TFS
Kerry

mommakcrafts.blogspot.com

Teri Barefoot said...

This is so cute looks like you put a lot of work into it also
Thanks,
Teri
teri.barefoot@gmail.com

kimberlin845 said...

What an sweet wallhanging! Very creative use of the coasters! TFS kandrewsny@yahoo.com

yayaphilly said...

I love the wall hanger so cute.

Kim said...

Thank you so much for the step by step, for your project! It turned out Great! I had never seen the BIA , binder! That was really cool!
I'm a follower:)
~Kim
http://crazyaboutscrapin.blogspot.com
kfordyce6638 at gmail dot com

Tammy Clarke said...

Great project Sher!

Linda said...

The Glossy Accents idea is so clever!! I never thought of that! I love the hanging..I can't wait to see what else you create. Thanks for sharing!! :)

Linda
www.fancyframework.com

Simply AJ said...

Sherri... what a fantastic idea! The details on each individual piece is perfect. I appreciate the detail instructions, it really helps us rookie scrappers learn new tricks. I am a new follower :) AJ
queenofmynest(at)gmail(dot)com
https://queenofmynest(dot)blogspot(dot)

Becky Dunham said...

What an adorable project - very creative!

ScrappyScavenger said...

I absolutely, compleatly, am in love with your project! The bee is too cute and I love to make letters the way you did! I feel accomplished! Thanks for participating in the hop! ScrappyScavenger@!yahoo

stefeni said...

Super cute! Love how you used your Zutter. I just saw that machine on craiglist and have been debating to get it. With this project in mind, I just may have to!

spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

I love this idea, I may have to scraplift it!

Joyce McIntosh said...

What a cute project. Thanks for sharing.

Celeste B. said...

OH MY WORD!!!! Sherri, you did an amazing job!!! I absolutely love it!!! TFS! :)

Celeste B.
ccscards.blogspot.com
mctdbillman at gmail dot com

Debican said...

Very cool. I love this. Great idea. I'll have to try it.
Hugs, Debi

Carol W. said...

Fabulous job! Love the colors, you did a fantastic job on this project! TFS

Carol
clworkman4 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

What a cute and clever idea!...thanx for the inspiration..:)

nicolleatnicollelovesscrapbookingdotcom

SGilley said...

What great inspiration..think I'll case your idea to put our school name in front entry way of building...thanks for sharing!
sonyagilley@yahoo.com
http://thegardengate1.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Oh Sherri,
This is super adorable.... You may have inspired me to make myself something like this. I love it. I'm also a new follower.

Michelle
mpetrovich23 at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

This wall hanging is beyond adorable, So creative and its a perfect idea and inspiration for me and my collge room mate, we love decorating our apartment for every holiday!
Thank you so much for sharing! So happy to be a follower, your so talented! Contact Info incase I am the lucky winner!
Email: arebori0204@gmail.com
New Blog: I love new friends so if ya get a chance check it out :0) www.scraptillyadrop.blogspot.com

miislucky said...

This is a very cute wall hanging! I like how you had the patience to use several carts to make it, lol. Thanks for sharing, Mimi

http://miislucky.blogspot.com (Scrappers Anonymous)

The Purple Scrapbooker said...

I have never seen a wall hanging like this! What a great idea!!

www.purplescrapbooker.com
www.purplescrapbooker at gmail dot com

Bunnyfreak said...

What a clever idea. I need to use my bind it all more.
googleusername at yahoo dot com

Patricia said...

Beautiful banner!!!!

karensk said...

Love this, I also bought those same coasters now I think I have to scrap lift thanks for the awesome idea.
Thanks for sharing,
karen k 3 at ameritech dot net

jennyplace2 said...

Love your door hanger, such a cute ideal and so fun!
jennyplace26@gmaiil.com

GailPellegrin said...

I pick up some of those coasters, now I know what to do with them. thanks.

gailpellegrin@att.net

VinDeeLoo said...

How cute. I just got a cinch for my birthday. What is glossy accents? I have glittered, but never put anything over it.

VinDeeLoo
vndlewis at rocketmail dot com

AmyJRockstar said...

You did such an awesome job with this! I want one! :0)
XO ~ Amy Jo (follower)
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/

Lynlee said...

Love your banner-great idea!
lynlee4@gmail.com

Rhonda Emery said...

very cute wall hanging.

sdelong1228 said...

I love this project! It's very pretty. Think I may have to get it a try.
sandradelong@ymail.com

Aimee said...

You are so crafty!!! Adorable, just adorable! I'm already a follower of your blog.

Heidi said...

This is so cute! I had to save a copy of it in my ideas folder to use sometime! Thanks so much for the idea!

Marianne said...

Thank you for the fantastic idea! Very cute!

Misty Olsen said...

HI Sherry,

This is soooo cute :) I love it. I just bought my bind it all and havent played with it yet. Now you have given me the bug :)

Tanya said...

Oh, this is a wonderful idea! Yours has turned out so cute!! Love it :)

Tanya
phenis2031 at yahoo dot com