Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Pair of Doggie Cards

Hello my Crafty Friends.....
today I have a card I made to play along with Sheila at She's A Sassy Lady, Gypsy Made Simple-Word Shape Cards,  Sheila has theses GREAT video Tutorials every Saturday to help you learn to use your Gypsy's....she has so amazing tips, so you really should head over and get caught up with all her videos.....
So using my Gypsy, I designed this card, actually I was able to make 2 of the same cards at one time....just one of Sheila's GREAT tips, you already have everything out to make one card, why not make 2, there was just enough room on my mat to put 2 bases on 1 mat....
 here is all my layers, also on 1 mat...
 here is the base of the card, one is folded , and one is not...
 here is the dog I used, from my Favourite cartridge, Create A Critter
and here are my 2 cards......I am really happy with how they turned out....

and this is just a little close up, I did cut out his eyes, but decided to use some gogglie eyes, and instead of cutting out the layer on the pillow, I used some stickles, I LOVE stickles.....
the patterned paper is from Bo Bunny, and Jillie Bean Soup, and some scraps of paper, the Happy Birthday is from......oh no I forget, I think it is from a Martha Stewart Cake Cartridge....
thank for stopping by today,
and be sure to stop by Sheila's blog for some GREAT tutorials.....

❀Sherri❀

8 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Sherri, these cards are ADORABLE!!! the little doggie is one of my favorites and look it is a Happy Birthday card to boot! You will get plenty of use with this file! Thanks for playing along at She's A Sassy Lady.

Adrian said...

U did such a fantastic job!

katieo said...

too cute. I need to figure this out . Thanks for the information

Kards by Kathi said...

Those are toooooo cute. I love that doggie. I have used it before but not as good as you did That is great. Thanks for sharing.

Tammy Clarke said...

These are so cute Sher, I love that paper! Does it come in kitty kat patterns?

SherriC. said...

Tammy, what no Create A Critter comment????
and I am not sure about the Bo Bunny paper, I bought it like 2 years ago at my LSS when they were going out of business....sorry
I just love the paper too!!!

...through my eyes said...

Aww, these are adorable. I am a follower of your blog, would love if you would follow me back.

http://toomanyemulators.blogspot.com

Tammy Clarke said...

I didn't even notice you used create a critter...when did you get that? Is it new?