Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Guest Designer Day at She's A Sassy Lady.....Wall Hanging

Hello Crafty friends!!!!
today is my day as a Guest Designer at She's A Sassy Lady.....and my
40th BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! now I am not sure if I am very happy about turning 40...it is going to take some getting use too....
anyways, that is not what you all are here for, you all  wanna see a project............ so lets get to it....
Today I made a sign to hang, I think I am going to hang it in our Travel Trailer....
here is how I made it....
I picked this piece of woood up at the dollar store....
then I painted it blue.......

 I (heart )vinyl...........
I designed it on my Gypsy, then laid the vinyl out on my mat, be sure to change your Cricut setting to Kiss cut the vinyl...I put my speed at 2 my pressure at 2 and my blade depth at 4....
 this is called weeding, I left everything I was going to use on the sheet and removed all the vinyl I was not using....the Cartridge I used for the letters is Lyrical Letters, and I welded my letters together......
 here is the light house using the Life is a Beach Cartridge....
 I added the layers to the Light house before I placed it on my painted wood...
( LOVE my tweezer bees...a must have....)
 now instead of using transfer tape, which could be a little expensive, I use mesh drywall tape, it is kinda sticky in one side and you can get it at the dollar store( or BORROW some from the hubbies garage...hehehehehehe)
 now just using my finger I burnished the light house onto the wood, and slowly lift the tape up, then continue burnishing the light house to the wood....
 ( I love how it is looking!!!!!)
 you need to be a little more careful with the letters, just take it slow....
 and now I added a little bling to the sand, I Love stickles....
 and here is the finished wall hanging....and I am going to use a clear coat of spray sealer to finish it off....
I just LOVE how it turned out......I hope you do to....
well Thank you Sheila for letting me come and play here for the day.....
I so enjoy my days at She's A Sassy Lady.....
If you have any question about using Vinyl, just leave me a comment, I will do my best to help you out, I just love using Vinyl.
be sure to stop by and visit Sheila at She's A Sassy Lady, she has some great videos, and Amazing Guest Designers.....
thank you all for stopping by today....
happy crafting!!!!

6 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Love your wall hanging it is GORGEOUS! The colors are perfect and the tutorial is great. Thanks for joining us today at She's A Sassy Lady.

Love crafts forever said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very cool project, love it.
Hugs Nat

Josie0602 said...

Just saw your project over on Sassy Lady...it is an awesome creation!! Happy Birthday!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Happy Birthday!
Great project!

Kards by Kathi said...

That is such a cool project. I am glad to know you and call you my friend because knowing you will improve my crafts through your talent. Thanks for sharing.

Tammy Clarke said...

Nice job Sherri, I LOVE the font you used.