Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Our First Cake

So today was the day, to try out my Cricut Cake, it is definitely fun to use.
My son's ex-girlfriend(they are still very good friends) Alexandra wanted to make her mom a birthday cake, so I thought this was a good time to try it out, this is my first time using fondant ever, so there are a few wrinkles, but it wasn't to bad and I think I will get better at it, now to choose our images, well our first image choice cut nice, but were impossible to get off the mat and on to the cake. on to plan B choosing new images, these worked much better. by now I was also dealing with a very impatient 17yr old, LOL. well before long things were getting exciting again, and it was starting to look really nice. In the end she was very happy with how it turned out and her mom loved it. I hope you enjoy the pictures, we would love to hear what you think of it.
Oh and yes that butterfly is very sparkly, Alexandra loves the bling bling, and the butterfly needed something, so she went to my craft stuff, and promised she would not let anyone eat the butterfly, and she stickled it LMAO !!!!




6 comments:

Love crafts forever said...

Very good job Sherri for the first time. Beautiful flowers. Now i know what kind a cake i like to have for my kids Birthday.
He He He. Hugs, Nataliya.

The Cropping Canuck said...

This looks awesome!

Tammy Clarke said...

What an awesome cake Sherri, nice job. I can't wait to see what you come up with in the future. I know you, and I know the possibilities are endless.

Michelle said...

Your first cake with your new toy looks so yummy and pretty! Great job Sherri. Now, do you take orders, *lol* ?

Jana said...

Wow, this cake is amazing. Great Job!

Cin said...

Beautiful Cake, Shame to cut it....... Great Pics though.....