Friday, September 27, 2013

Vinyled Tile

Hello Crafty Friends!!!!
Today is my day to share a project with my friends over at She's A Sassy Lady, and I have a great project for you today, a tile, a ceramic tile with some vinyl on it to be displayed on a plate holder, A friends mom just turned 65 and She loves her doggie so much, and I had no idea what to get her and this idea popped in my head, I have seen so many of these done and thought I would give it a try,
here is the final product.
starting with a picture of the dog
 My son helping me with the photo editing,  I used adobe Photo Shop, we created an image I could cut out
I imported my image to MTC and added his name
 here it is all weeded, that didn't take as long as I thought it would, plus weeding is my favourite part...lol
I picked up a tile at my local hardware store, it is a 12 x 12
 using transfer tape I applied it to a clean tile,
She actually cried, she loved it, and so do I, I can't wait to make another one,
Thank you so much for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed my prject...
Happy Crafting
❀Sherri❀

4 comments:

Gayle said...

i love crafting & this is a terrific idea for so many projects. I hate to show my ignorance, but what is the MTC program? I have wished for such an advantage and wow, there it is.
Gayle

SherriC. said...

Hi Gayle, Thank you for your kind words, MTC is a program called make the cut, it is a program that we used to be able to trace images and cut out with our cricuts, unfortunately cricut found out about this and sued the poor guy, so now you if you buy the program it will not work with your cricut, it will work with the cameo silhouette, which I have just purchased, but I have 2 expressions, one I have updated, the other I have not....so that cricut I can still use...shhhh lol I hope I have answered your questions, oh and I just love the MTC pragram, it is so easy to use, and costs about 57 dollars, if you look around, I believe I purchased off of joys life blog, then you get discount....

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Sherri, these tiles are so amazing! What a wonderful and special gift this makes. Thank you for sharing with us at She's A Sassy Lady!

Barb Smith said...

It turned out well. Good for you.

Barb from Toronto, Canada
http://barbsmithdesigns.blogspot.com