Monday, February 14, 2011

A Valentines Post

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone,

Yesterday my son and Hubbie gave me my Valentines cards and chocolates.....the cards were soo sweet, and the chocolates, soooo YUMMY!!!!
Today I thought I would post a card my son made for a girl he likes....my son is 18, and he is very creative, I think he did a GREAT job on this card. I gave him my Gypsy and away he went, he did everything, he did bounce a few ideas off of me, and of coarse I made a few suggestions, but he did all the work.
he welded the 2 hearts together, embossed the pink layer with swiss dots folder, stickled the pink heart with Icicle Stickles, and an Action Wobble behind the hearts (I LOVE these things!!!) and used the
I-Rock for a little bling, the girl said she loves glitter and Bling, what girl doesn't....and my silver Jelly Roll pen to stitch around the big heart.

This stamp is from SU, and all the Paper is SU as well.

Here is my Son DJ, at my craft table with his card, I can't believe he let me take this picture, I told him right from the start, " you know this is going on my Blog" he said yes mom I know...LOL

him and his friends are all just amazed at the things I can do with my Expression, I have done Some Vinyl for there cars and truck windows, they all love to sit and watch the E do its thing, It is sooo fun to see these 18 year old boys just fasinated with this machine, they all want to push the buttons, soo funny,
please leave my son some love, he would love to know what you all think of his card.....
I would like to enter his card into Karen first Challenge at Karen-Kakes-Krafts, the challenge is to make something for a celebration, I think Valentines Day is a celebration, and it is the first card he made all by himself,
thanks for stoppin by..

12 comments:

Sarah said...

He did a great job! My husband sounds just like them about the cricut! Its funny how amused they can be over the smallest things!
Thanks for sharing!~Sarah
craftingwithsarah.blogspot.com
craftingwithsarah@gmail.com

Linda said...

Awesome job!! :)

Linda
www.fancyframework.com

Adrian said...

He did an awesome job!

Tracy said...

What is it with these boys using the cricut, he is the third one I have read about. I'm not hate'n I'm just jelous. I have had mine forever and I still only cut out letters, and not very often at that.
Love your son's card. I am sure he got the girl;)
I am so impressed.

Kassidy said...

wow DJ!
This is so sweet! My hubby would have no idea how to make a card. That is so sweet of you to make such a treasured card. I bet she loved it. Now maybe you should start a crafting blog;) Oh, I want to tell you that your mom is so super awesome! She rocks.
-Kassidy

Tammy Clarke said...

Go DJ! Go DJ! Go DJ!

BUZZY BEE DESIGNS and GRAPHICS said...

Come and visit my blog I have something for you
http://buzzybeedesigns.blogspot.com

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

no momma's little guy is ever too old to give handmade gifts! that is ust too sweet!!

Rachel said...

That is so precious! I love when the guys get into the card making. Sometimes I think they enjoy it more than we do, but they wont admit it! haha. Your projects are great :)

Rachel-http://livelaughcraft09.blogspot.com/

Jillian said...

How sweet! Sounds like you have done a good job with that boy! What a gentleman!

VICTORIA said...

Thanks for coming by and following me. Just one more comment and follower and I am closing it down. So I can draw the winner. I am now a follower of your and i want to wish you luck in my giveaway. Victoria :) BTW I love your blog.

KanataNewf said...

Found you through the Canadian Crafty Blog hop and have to say I LOVE that your teenage son made a card for his GF AND let you post his pic on your blog. Obviously his Mom did a great job raising such a confident young man.